With the Microtubes B3K v2 you get all the features of the original, with the ability to restore the mids for natural character. The attack switch has been replaced by the tone knob, giving much more control of the higher harmonic content (3 kHz to 8 kHz). The grunt switch is still present, as you would expect. The addition comes in the form of a mid boost, giving you a subtle 6dB boost from 300 Hz to 1 kHz to help you cut through a bit more.
Fundamentally the Microtubes B3K is the same pedal we designed nearly a decade ago, aimed to give you a perfect combination of brutality and clarity. You can guarantee that this pedal will deliver defined and powerful saturation in an intuitive format.
- Preamp pedal that replicates vintage tube characteristics
- Blend: Mixes the clean input signal with the overdriven signal
- Tone: Controls the high frequency content of the sound
- Level: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal
- Drive: Sets the amount of saturation in the overdriven signal
- Grunt: When engaged provides a massive low end boost to really thicken your sound
- Mid Boost: Gives a subtle 6dB boost from 300 Hz to 1kHz
- Uses a regulated 9V DC adapter with a centre-negative plug
- Current draw of 20mA