The Ukulele Humidifier Pro is D'Addario's first ukulele humidifier designed to fit in the Soundhole of the instrument.
Based on the Guitar Humidifier Pro, this version contains an easy-to-remove rubber cap and a hydrophilic sponge in a much smaller size that is perfect for a ukulele. The hydrophilic sponge holds up to 12x its own weight in water, which means it will hydrate the instrument over a longer period of time.
- Humidifier designed specifically for the sound hole of a ukulele
- Hydrophilic sponge holds 12xs its weight in water
- Never touches instrument body
- Releases moisture evenly
Here are some tips to prolong the life of your Sponge Humidifier:
A sponge humidifier can last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before it needs to be refilled. It is always best to use a hygrometer along with a humidifier so that you know the exact humidity level inside your guitar case.
A guitar should be stored between 40% - 60% RH. If the humidity level of your guitar case is above 60%, discontinue use and contact us. D’Addario offers a standard hygrometer and a smart hygrometer call Humiditrak.
- Never store your instrument near a heating element such as a radiator, forced air heating vent, etc., and try to keep out of direct sunlight (through windows) for an extended period of time.
- Use distilled water! Tap water has minerals, etc. that can compromise the effectiveness of the foam and oxidize the hardware of your instrument. Filtered water can be used as well.
- We highly recommend getting a hygrometer to monitor humidity level inside your instrument case.
What is two-way humidity control?
Two-way humidity control works by continually responding to the outside temperature and climate by adding or removing humidity as needed to maintain a relative humidity inside the Reed Vitalizer bag.