The D’Addario Humidifier Pro protects your guitar even in the driest conditions. Using a specialized hydrophilic sponge that holds 12X its dry weight in water (much more than ordinary sponge), the Humidifier Pro allows for longer periods between re-fills and increases protection in drier environments.
Guarding against cracks, warped necks, and shrinkage is now easier and less work preserving your instruments ultimate playability. Suspended by the strings, the humidifier releases moisture evenly and slowly inside your guitar, yet never touches the guitar’s body.
The humidifiers stopper allows you to check the sponge status without removal of the unit and provides a tight seal when in place. Maintaining the humidifier is as easy as moistening the sponge when it becomes dry.
- Specialized sponge holds 12x its weight in water
- Longer time between refills
- Stopper allows quick status check without removing the container from the guitar
- Never touches instrument body
- Releases moisture evenly
Here are some tips to prolong the life of your Sponge Humidifier:
A sponge humidifier can last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before it needs to be refilled. It is always best to use a hygrometer along with a humidifier so that you know the exact humidity level inside your guitar case.
A guitar should be stored between 40% - 60% RH. If the humidity level of your guitar case is above 60%, discontinue use and contact us. D’Addario offers a standard hygrometer and a smart hygrometer call Humiditrak.
- Never store your instrument near a heating element such as a radiator, forced air heating vent, etc., and try to keep out of direct sunlight (through windows) for an extended period of time.
- Use distilled water! Tap water has minerals, etc. that can compromise the effectiveness of the foam and oxidize the hardware of your instrument. Filtered water can be used as well.
- We highly recommend getting a hygrometer to monitor humidity level inside your instrument case.
What is two-way humidity control?
Two-way humidity control works by continually responding to the outside temperature and climate by adding or removing humidity as needed to maintain a relative humidity inside the Reed Vitalizer bag.